Kitchenaid KUDE60HXSS Superba Series EQ Dishwasher
Product price: Check new Price
Product asin : B0050JKU6U
Get now best buy Kitchenaid KUDE60HXSS Superba Series EQ Dishwasher with Secure Transaction In Here. The best online shopping.
More Details Kitchenaid KUDE60HXSS Superba Series EQ Dishwasher
23.875-Inch Built-In Dishwasher (Color: Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR
Costumers reviews
We bought a Kitchenaid dishwasher 5 years and 6 months ago. It had the cutlery rack (at the top) a second (adjustable) rack for glasses, etc. and a lower rack for dishes, pots, pans, etc. It was laid out beautifully and we washed dishes about twice a week. (There are only two of us.) . It easily held 6 dinner plates, 8 saucers, eight cereal bowls and 6 salad plates in the bottom rack. Unfortunately, it died suddenly about a month ago. A repairman told us that something had gotten in the grinder and burned up the motor. We were shocked since we always wash every dish with soap and water before we put it in the dishwasher. We were told by more than one repairman and salesperson that dishwashers only last 5-6 years now, but we were still surprised at how quickly it quit. We were told we could repair it but something else could go wrong in the next few months and we still might have to buy a new dishwasher. Fast forward - we found this model which also has three racks, the top rack being the cutlery drawer which I still love. I was concerned that the bottom rack had been totally redesigned, but the other rack looked the same, even though one side couldn't be lowered and the other side remain high which was the setting we always used on the previous one. But knowing that I loved the cutlery drawer, my husband and I decided to buy this model. The dishwasher was delivered and installed. My analysis is based on the actual model in place. First, I give the dishwasher ***** (5 )stars for exterior appearance and operation. The exterior is sleek, easy to clean and very elegant looking. The washer is almost silent. There is a small blue light which indicates whether the dishwasher is running or not. Dishes come out clean and looking great. I would rate the exterior on this dishwasher to be superior to our 2006 model. The rating drops to ** (2) stars when I get to the interior. The design and finish simply do not live up to the exterior design. I feel I've suddenly moved from a superior exterior remodel to a cheap interior remodel. The cutlery shelf is identical to my previous one and I still love it. The second rack for glasses can be adjusted but either has to be all the way up or all the way down, no interim setting. Although you can raise one side and lower the other, if you do so the rack will not fit through the door, so there is no sloped adjustment. There goes one of my favorite features. The lower rack is a disaster as far as I am concerned. The cutlery container on the right side has 4 flimsy covers for the drawers that do not stay in place and have holes that will not hold cutlery that has round or wider handles. There is no basket at the front to hold lids and instead of running some prongs for dishes crosswise and some lengthwise, thereby allowing for more storage, all of the prongs run the same direction, lengthwise. The bottom rack now holds one-third less dishes, so we wash dishes every two days instead of every three. There goes any energy savings out the window. And the icing on the cake is once again the bottom rack. For some reason the dishwasher door does not open flat unless you literally push it down (I use my foot). Even then as the rack rolls out it hits the edge or the door or something and bounces, immediately sending all your dishes rolling backward and out of position. We are already going to have to call a repairman to see if there is any fix for this. Analysis - this dishwasher is made by GE and the other was made by Whirlpool although they both are top of the line Kitchenaid dishwashers. They are both the only Kitchenaid dishwashers with 3 racks. Maybe the company change has something to do with the shoddy interior. Maybe I would like it better if I hadn't been spoiled by my last Kitchenaid. I would love to take the bottom and middle racks from my last dishwasher and put them in this dishwasher. Then I would be happy. If you are willing to pay $500 for a cutlery drawer then this is the dishwasher for you. Otherwise consider other brands with different configurations for the lower rack. This will give you a wider variety of choices and prices. Would I buy this dishwasher again knowing what I know now? Probably not. I really dislike the interior and the lack of capacity. Noise is not a concern for us since I set the dishwasher before going to bed and our bedroom is at the opposite end of the house. The older dishwasher was noisier but still not a problem to be around. We are still within the 30 day return and I still might return this one. I just wish it didn't look so darned good and have the cutlery rack.
Kitchenaid KUDE60HXSS Superba Series EQ Dishwasher
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.
Rating: 100% based on 975 ratings. 91 user reviews.


No comments:
Post a Comment